5th Annual DINING FOR DADS Father's Day Fundraiser Set for Thursday, June 12th
Posted by Kelly Wallace on 05/23/2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Firehouse Shelter to Hold Annual Dining For Dads Fundraiser
BIRMINGHAM, AL, May 23, 2014—Father’s Day will arrive a few days early at 10 local restaurants and cafes.
On Thursday, June 12, eateries in Birmingham, Gardendale, Homewood, and Hoover will take part in the fifth annual Dining for Dads fundraiser.
Each of the restaurants will donate 10-20 percent of their sales that day to the Firehouse Shelter, which provides meals, emergency shelter and clothing for homeless men.
Last year’s event raised nearly $2,000, according to Doug Kovash, development director for the Firehouse Shelter.
Participating this year are:
• Beef O Brady’s, 5519 Grove Blvd, Hoover. Lunch and dinner.
• Buffalo Wild Wings, 2505 Caufield Drive, Gardendale. All day.
• Chris Z’s, 2808 University Blvd. Lunch.
• Cosmo’s Pizza, 2012 Magnolia Ave. Lunch and dinner.
• DeVinci's Italian Restaurant, 2707 18th Street South, Homewood. Lunch and dinner.
• Giuseppe’s Cafe, 925 Eighth St. South. Lunch and dinner.
• Hamburger Heaven, 180 Oxmoor Road. Homewood. All day.
• Salem’s Diner, 2913 18th St S, Homewood. Breakfast & Lunch.
• Sweet Tea, 2205 Third Ave. South. Lunch and dinner.
• Ted’s Restaurant, 328 12th St. South. Breakfast and lunch.
If you go, mention Dining for Dads and The Firehouse Shelter when you place your order.
For more information, go to www.firehouseshelter.com.